How to contact us about privacy
Collection and Purpose
We collect your personal information for the primary purpose of assessing your application for financial services, financial solutions, budgeting, debt management options, insolvency options and any other services (“the Services”), and for the provision of the Services.
The purpose for which we collect personal information is to provide you with the best service experience possible. Some provision of personal information is optional. However, if you do not provide us with certain types of personal information, we will be unable to perform the Services, and may be unable to provide you with the products or Services you require.
In addition, we also collect cookies from your computer, which enables us to tell when you use the website and also to help customise your website experience. The cookies can be rejected or deleted by following the instructions for your browser.
The personal information you provide to us may by disclosed by us:
- in the course of providing the Services;
- to third parties when deemed necessary to act on your behalf; and
- where required or authorised by law.
You authorise us to:
- act as your agent for the purpose of collecting your personal information and for the primary purpose of providing the Services;
- act on your behalf in making enquiries regarding your financial situation with third parties as part of our preparation of an assessment of your financial situation and for providing the Services;
- collect, use and disclose the personal information you provide to us to third parties, in order to examine, assess and process your application or to provide the Services;
- negotiate and enter into repayment arrangements on your behalf with your creditors, and in doing so, disclose any of your personal information that we deem necessary to your creditors, in our absolute discretion.
- You acknowledge that you are required to provide us with detailed and accurate personal information to enable us to perform the function of assessing your application, and providing you with the Services.
- Under s18N(1)(ga) of the Privacy Act 1998, you expressly authorise us to disclose any of your personal information to any third party, in order for us to act on your behalf.
- You expressly authorise us to release, market and refer your details, personal information and file to any third party who may contact you from time to time with other financial Services that may be suitable to you. You acknowledge and agree that we may receive remuneration for such referrals.
- We may employ the services of other parties for dealing with matters that may include, but are not limited to: the provision of financial services, financial solutions, Debt Management Options, payment handling, search engine facilities, and advertising, marketing and any other services. By signing this agreement, you expressly consent to the providers of these services to have access to your personal information.
- If we are unable to assist you with your request or application, we may provide or sell your contact and other details to other third parties who may be able to assist you by either providing you with financial solutions, debt management options and any other services, or putting you in touch with an entity which may provide you with financial solutions, debt management solutions and any other services.
- You expressly authorise us to provide or sell your personal information for a fee to other third parties and authorise the third parties to either provide a service themselves to you, or on sell your personal information to others on the same basis as your personal information is sold to them.
- By providing personal information to us, you consent to your personal information being sold, and consent to any third party to whom the information is provided, to contact you by phone, mail or by electronic means.
- By providing personal information to us, you consent to us selling your personal information, contact details, means of identification, your employment details (including your income), your application, your date of birth and other personal information you provide to us, to other third parties.
- We may use your personal information for marketing and promotion, to inform you of any additional products or services that may be of benefit to you. At any time you can advise us that you no longer wish to receive marketing and promotional information from us.
- You acknowledge that the range of third parties to whom your personal information may be provided include, but are not limited to the following: Save on Bills Pty Ltd ACN 159 346 264 , Debt Doctors Pty Ltd ACN 158 619 286, Debt 101 Pty Ltd ACN 158 035 262, Lanyana Financial Group Pty Ltd ACN 158 065 715, and any other third parties as determined by us from time to time.
- National Privacy Principle 6 of the Australian Privacy Act allows you to get access to, and correct, the personal information we hold about you in certain circumstances. If you would like to obtain such access, please contact us on the details set out below:
Access and Correction
National Privacy Principle 6 of the Australian Privacy Act allows you to get access to, and correct, the personal information we hold about you in certain circumstances. If you would like to obtain such access, please contact us on the details set out above.
Opt in and Opt out policy
Lanyana Financial Group allows you to control all communications directed to you.
We may send you e-mail communications to provide information which we think you will find useful, including information about new products and services from Lanyana Financial Group.
You can unsubscribe from any e-mail list by following the simple instructions on how to immediately unsubscribe or opt out, which are included in all our e-mail newsletters. Alternatively, you can contact us on the details set out above.
If you change or move e-mail addresses, please let us know so we can redirect your e-mail to your new address.
Storage and Security
Your personal information is stored in a manner that reasonably protects it from misuse and loss, and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Changes to this Policy
Last Updated: 10th May 2019